- How often do you travel?
- What animal fascinates you the most? Why?
- stunning /STUHN-ing/
- paranormal /par-uh-NAWR-muhl/
- species /noun/
- remote /ri-MOHT/
- once-in-a-lifetime /wuhns-in-a-LAHYF-taym/
[adjective] – extremely beautiful or attractive
Budapest is a stunning city!
[adjective] – impossible to explain by known natural forces or by science
Ben likes to read paranormal stories.
[SPEE-sheez] – a set of animals or plants in which the members have similar characteristics to each other and can breed with each other
There are more than 200 species of mammals in the Philippines.
[adjective] – A remote area, house, or village is a long way from any towns or cities
She lives in a remote town.
[idiom] – A once-in-a-lifetime experience or opportunity is very special because you will probably only have it once
He had a once-in-a-lifetime journey in Africa.
Baia dos Porcos
©Nido Huebl/Adobe Stock via CNN
Also known as “Pig’s Bay,” Baia dos Porcos is one of the most magnificent beaches in the world, but with hardly any sand. This beach is the smallest of Noronha archipelago’s signature beaches. It features turquoise waters with colorful fish surrounded by high walls of black stone.
Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park
Eraldo Peres/AP via CNN
Travelers will surely be amazed by the boundless forests, majestic mountains, and stunning waterfalls that make up this national park. For those interested in all things paranormal, Chapada is the place to be! Many people have reported UFO sightings in the park.
Emas National Park
Delfim Martins/Adobe Stock via CNN
Home to the rare maned wolf and other wild species, this remote place welcomes all kinds of explorers. For those visiting from September to October, an incredible surprise awaits! Glowing termite mounds can be found in the park at night.
Anyone set to journey to these places would surely be rewarded with a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- What places do tourists usually visit in Brazil?
- What are the features of Baia dos Porcos?
- What can be found in Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park?
- What has been reported in Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park?
- What awaits travelers in Emas National Park from September to October?
- Describe some less-traveled places in your country.
- Which among the places in the article would you recommend to your family and friends? Why?
- How can you promote tourism in your city? Please give some ideas.
- Should more people around the world know about the unique places in Brazil?
- In your opinion, why are national parks important?