- How often do you use your smartphone?
- How often do you talk to your friends?
- friendship /FREND-ship/
- common /KOM-uhn/
- complaint /kuhm-PLEYNT/
- develop /dih-VEL-uhp/
- happiness /HAP-ee-nis/
[noun] – a situation in which two people are friends
Above everything else, I treasure her friendship.
[adjective] – a fact that everyone knows
These rocks are common to certain climate environments.
[noun] – a statement that something is wrong or not satisfactory
We’ve received complaints that you’re listening to the radio too loudly.
[verb] – to (cause something to) grow or change into a more advanced, larger, or stronger form
The purpose of this exercise is to develop the shoulder and back muscles.
[noun] – the feeling of being happy
She didn’t find happiness and peace of mind till later in life.
The internet connection has become more important than ever in recent years. So, what is the nature of a friendship that develops through time? Even if internet engagement isn’t ruining friendships, many people are concerned that the way we choose and nurture our friends through digital technology encourages poor social connections.
While it may be tempting to put their phones away and send them outside with a skipping rope, doing so would likely exclude them from an important community. And while spending every waking hour hunched over a smartphone isn’t a recipe for happiness, neither is spending every waking moment writing letters.
True or False:
- Instead of speaking, individuals in restaurants stare at their phones these days.
- Today’s friendships are more conditional than they were in the past.
- The internet connection has become more important than ever in recent years.
- Many people are concerned that the way we choose and nurture our friends through digital technology encourages poor social connections.
- Spending every waking hour hunched over a smartphone isn’t a recipe for happiness.
Fill in the blanks:
- I have a __________ about the food.
- You need to _________ a positive mental attitude.
- __________ is love with understanding.
- _________ symptoms of diabetes are weight loss and fatigue.
- Over the years, she’s brought us so much __________.