- How much time do you spend on your smartphone?
- Can you live without using a smartphone? Why or why not?
- criticism /KRIT-uh-siz-uhm/
- concerned /kuhn-SURND/
- image /IM-ij/
- vital /VAHYT-l/
- objective /uhb-JEK-tiv/
[noun] – the act of saying that something or someone is bad
I’d like to make a few criticisms about your speech.
[adjective] – worried
I’m concerned about your well-being.
[noun] – a picture in your mind or an idea of how someone or something is
I have a mental image of how I want the garden to look.
[adjective] – necessary for the success or continued existence of something; extremely important
Medical supplies are vital to the region.
[noun] – something that you plan to do or achieve
Is the sales team capable of achieving its financial objectives?
In recent years, the internet connection has grown more vital than ever. So, what is the nature of evolving friendship? Even if internet interaction isn’t destroying friendships, many individuals are concerned that the way we choose and nurture our friends through digital technology promotes low-quality social interactions. What are the lessons to be learned from all of this? The mediums and technology of friendship may change, but much remains the same. Despite the fact that phone calls and handwritten letters from a few decades back may appear to be more healthy than WhatsApp communications today, their objective is the same.
While it may be tempting to lock their phones away and send them outside with a skipping rope, doing so would likely exclude them from an important community. And while spending every waking hour hunched over a smartphone isn’t a recipe for a fulfilling life, neither is spending every waking moment writing letters.
- What has turned people into narcissists who are more concerned with their public image than being present with one another?
- Based on the passage, what has grown more vital than ever?
- According to the article, what are the lessons to be learned from all of this?
- Is the purpose of handwritten letters and WhatsApp communications the same?
- Is spending every waking hour hunched over a smartphone a recipe for a fulfilling life?
- How did you meet your best friends? Could you tell me more about them?
- Have you ever written a letter to a friend? Could you tell me more about it?
- If you were to change something about how people communicate now, what would it be? Why?
- Do you agree that the way we choose and nurture our friends through digital technology favors low-quality social connections?
- What can you say about friendships that were built online? Please elaborate on your answer.