- pilot /PAHY-luht /
- modify /MOD-uh-fahy/
- multimedia /muhl-tee-MEE-dee-uh/
- environmental footprint /en-vahy-ruhn-MUHN-tl-FOOT-print/
- output /OUT-poot/
[adjective] – A pilot plan, product, or system is used to test how good something is before introducing it
The four-day workweek pilot program started last Monday.
[verb] – to make changes to something such as a vehicle, machine, or tool, so that it can be used for a different purpose or in a different way
I need to modify my kitchen cabinet.
[adjective] – using a combination of moving and still pictures, sound, music, and words, especially in computers or entertainment
They are currently testing multimedia applications in the classroom.
[noun] – the effect that a person, company, activity, etc. has on the environment, for example the amount of natural resources that they use and the amount of harmful gases that they produce
We should all be aware of our environmental footprints.
[noun] – an amount of something produced by a person, machine, factory, country, etc
KDB company’s total output is double that of last year.
The company will install a section for the “gently used” items that are approved for resale at discounted prices in participating stores. It has already launched a buy-back scheme in the United Kingdom and Ireland in 2021 as part of its plan to reduce its environmental footprint and waste output. Customers there can trade in gently used products in excellent condition and get store credit worth up to 50% of the original sale price. Secondhand items in “very good” condition earn a 40% credit, and “well-used” products with several scratches get 30% of the original price. There are currently 465 IKEA stores worldwide.
- What factors do you consider when choosing furniture?
- Do you know how to repair household items? If not, would you be willing to learn?
- You just found a box of old books in your house that you no longer need. What would you do with them?
- Do you think IKEA stores in Asia should also implement the Buy Back & Resell program?
- In your opinion, why is it important for companies to have environmental initiatives?