- Do you use social media?
- How often do you use your smartphone?
- succeed /suhk-SEED/
- generation /jen-uh-REY-shuhn/
- childhood /CHAHYLD-hood/
- access /AK-ses/
- result /ri-ZUHLT/
[verb] – if you succeed, you achieve something that you have been aiming for, and if a plan or piece of work succeeds, it has the results that you wanted
The campaign has succeeded in terms of raising public awareness about the problem.
[noun] – all the people of about the same age within a society or within a particular family
It is our responsibility to protect the environment for future generations.
[noun] – the time when someone is a child
Childhood isn’t always a pleasant period of life.
[noun] – the right or opportunity to use or look at something
Hackers had full access to the company’s files and had gained it.
[noun] – something that happens or exists because of something else
The road has been widened, yet the result has only made the traffic heavier.
Adults who remember a childhood without the constraints, oversight, and digital pressures that today’s adolescents confront say that children no longer have the freedom to be children. This could be true in certain aspects. When a child is ten years old, the average parent gives them a smartphone, providing them unrestricted access to news, social media, and others normally reserved for adults, pushing them to mature emotionally before they reach adulthood. The acronym “KGOY,” which stands for “kids getting older younger,” refers to today’s children being better educated than prior generations.
As a result of technology improvements, children may be exposed to more information, helping them to have a great deal of worldly experience and knowledge of fashion and culture. It is, however, a matter of perception as to whether children are growing up faster or slower. It might also be time to rethink what it means to mature quickly.
True or False:
- Today’s “kids” face numerous challenges, including social media.
- When a child is ten years old, the average parent gives them a smartphone.
- A smartphone provides unrestricted access to news, social media, and others.
- The acronym KGOY stands for “kids getting older youngest”.
- As a result of technology improvements, children may be exposed to more information.
Fill in the blanks:
- His blindness is the __________ of an accident.
- The project seemed unlikely to __________.
- I can’t help thinking of my happy __________.
- The older generation have a different set of __________.
- This account gives you instant __________ to your money.