- Are you in favor of recycling? Why?
- What do you do when you see litter around you?
- regulation /reg-yuh-LEY-shuhn/
- target /TAHR-git/
- implement /IM-pluh-men/
- corporation /kawr-puh-REY-shuhn/
- producer /pruh-DOO-ser/
[noun] – an official rule or the act of controlling something
To increase profits, corporation executives disregard safety regulations.
[noun] – a level or situation that you intend to achieve
The government’s 3.5 percent annual growth target appears to be within reach.
[verb] – to start using a plan or system
Changes to the national health system will be implemented the following year.
[noun] – a large company or group of companies that are controlled together as a single organization
He works for a large American corporation.
[noun] – a company, country, or person that provides goods, especially those that are produced by an industrial process or grown or obtained through farming, usually in large amounts
The company is one of the world’s main producers of sugar.
In Wales and Scotland, businesses that are responsible for the most often littered products will face penalties as well. The money raised would go toward improving kerbside garbage collection. Deputy climate change minister Lee Waters said, “We’re proud to be introducing these landmark changes which will lead producers to think about the packaging they are putting on the market and help to incentivize recycling, alongside our fellow governments in the UK.”
- Who will be accountable for clean-up costs if the packaging is littered?
- When will be the waste-cutting measures be implemented?
- What is the Welsh government’s goal by 2050?
- Which is currently being implemented across the United Kingdom?
- Who is Lee Waters?
- Among the companies in your country, which of those do you admire? Why?
- Have you participated in a clean-up drive? If yes, could you tell me more about it? If not, would you participate if ever? Why?
- If you were to solve the problem regarding pollution, what idea would come to mind? Please elaborate on your answer.
- Do you support the new rule in the UK?
- What kind of packaging is the best? Why?