- Does your country celebrate Labor Day/International Worker’s Day?
- Have you ever seen a job opening ad on a billboard?
- anniversary /an-uh-VUR-suh-ree/
- organize /AWR-guh-nahyz/
- fair /fair/
- local /LOH-kuhl/
- gather /GATH-er/
[noun] – the day on which an important event happened in a previous year
The bank will celebrate its 95th anniversary this July.
[verb] – to make arrangements for something to happen
Mia and Gian organized a picnic party.
[noun] – treating someone in a way that is right or reasonable, or treating a group of people equally
There were balloons, games, and ice cream at the community fair.
[adjective] – from, existing in, serving, or responsible for a small area, especially of a country
I’ve tried some local dishes this month.
[verb] – When people or animals gather, they come together in a group
The students gathered at the gymnasium for the sports event.
True or False:
- DOLE stands for Department of Labor and Employee.
- DOLE offered less than 12,000 jobs on Labor Day.
- This year’s Labor Day tagline is Jobs 2022: Create, Sustain, Transform.
- The OFW Hospital is located in San Fernando, Pampanga.
- Labor Day is also known as International Workers’ Day
Fill in the blanks:
- Lia often visits _______ cafes in her free time.
- Mark and Karen went on a trip for their 8th wedding ________.
- Last night, they all ________ outside to see the fireworks.
- Ana had fun playing games and eating popcorn at the state ______.
- It took Reena an hour to _________ the company meeting.