- Do you like shopping online?
- Do you check customer reviews first before buying from an online shop?
- suggest /suhg-JEST/
- review /ri-VYOO/
- attention /uh-TEN-shuhn/
- benefit /BEN-uh-fit/
- check /chek/
[verb] – to mention an idea, possible plan, or action for other people to consider
I suggest we go there by taxi.
[noun] – used on shopping sites to give customers an opportunity to rate and comment on products they have purchased, right on the product page
This product has many positive reviews.
[noun] – notice, thought, or interest
The new mobile game has received a lot of attention from children.
[noun] – a helpful or good effect
More companies use social media advertising to their benefit.
[verb] – to make certain that something or someone is correct, safe, or suitable by examining it, him, or her quickly
Let me check the weather outside.
True or False:
- The United States recently suggested rules to make writing fake reviews illegal.
- The FTC says that companies must take both positive and negative feedback equally.
- The FTC officials and the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority are investigating online reviews on sites like Amazon and Google.
- Businesses change customer reviews by hiding negative feedback.
- About 80 percent of customers check product reviews before buying.
Fill in the blanks:
- What _______ can I get from using this product?
- I _______ meeting at 6 a.m.
- The performers received the audience’s full _______.
- Could you _______ if the door is locked?
- I’d recommend not buying from that store. It has several negative _______.