- What concerns do you have when shopping online?
- What are the advantages of shopping online?
- propose /pruh-POHZ/
- misleading /mis-LEE-ding/
- look into /look IN-too/
- consumer /kuhn-SOO-mer/
- trust /truhst/
[verb] – to offer or suggest a possible plan or action for other people to consider
We will propose some changes to the current process.
[adjective] – causing someone to believe something that is not true
The news report contains much misleading information.
[phrasal verb] – to examine the facts about a problem or situation
They’re looking into the possibility of changing the deadline.
[noun] – a person who buys goods or services for their own use
Shops normally lower prices during the holiday seasons to attract consumers.
[noun] – the belief that you can trust someone or something
You can put your trust in him.
“Many companies start with an honest agenda, which is to remove fake negative reviews… but when they do it, it becomes a slippery slope,” says Prof. Bin Gu of Boston University’s Questrom School of Business. “It’s very hard to know when to stop.” However, the damage has already been done to some consumers. According to research, approximately 90 percent of shoppers use product reviews while making purchasing decisions. “We live in a time with a real lack of trust,” says customer Nathaniel Fuentes. “Before, it used to be something that was really easy to say, ‘Hey – it’s a high review. I can go buy it.’ Now it’s kind of muddied.”
- What did the FTC publish?
- What do experts say about businesses?
- According to the article, what do businesses usually do to change customer views?
- What did Prof. Bin Gu say about many companies?
- What percentage of shoppers use product reviews to make purchasing decisions?
- Do you buy from shops that do not have any reviews? Why or why not?
- What do you think would be the effect if consumer reviews were disabled in all shops?
- Do you think it is already too late to implement the rules?
- How does giving negative feedback help businesses?
- Which among the four holidays of the Golden Week do you enjoy the most and why?