- Could you tell me about your diet?
- Have you eaten lab-grown meat?
- lab-grown /lab-grohn/
- diet /DAHY-it /
- unknown /uhn-NOHN/
- property /PROP-er-tee/
- expect /ik-SPEKT/
[adjective] – food developed in labs but with the same texture and experience as the foods, these are intended to mimic
The burger was made from lab-grown meat.
[noun] – the food and drink usually eaten or drunk by a person or group
Fried food seems to be the children’s diet.
[adjective] – not known or familiar
It is unknown how many people are infected with the virus.
[noun] – a quality in a substance or material, especially one that means that it can be used in a particular way
Copper’s ability to conduct heat and electricity is one of its many properties.
[verb] – to think or believe something will happen, or someone will arrive
He didn’t expect to see me.
Based on the study, if such foods were consumed instead of the usual European diet, environmental pressures would be reduced by more than 80%. However, the desire of customers to change their dietary patterns is unknown. A variety of non-traditional meals are being developed to provide environmentally friendly diets that are high in protein, less in water, and land. Several of these objects were evaluated for their nutritional properties, as well as three environmental pressures: water usage, land use, and prospective carbon emissions.
The study, which appeared in the journal Nature Food, looked at new foods that are expected to become more widespread in our diets in the coming years and discovered that many of them rely on high-tech methods to “grow” animal and plant cells in bioreactors. Several studies have shown that eating a plant-based diet is beneficial to your health as well as the environment.
True or False:
- According to a study, eating lab-grown meat or ground-up insects reduces carbon emissions.
- If lab-grown meat were consumed instead of the usual European diet, environmental pressures would be reduced by more than 80%.
- A variety of non-traditional meals are being developed to provide environmentally friendly diets that are high in protein.
- The study appeared in the journal Nature Facts.
- Several studies have shown that eating a plant-based diet is beneficial to your health.
Fill in the blanks:
- Vegetables are part of our __________.
- Herbs are loved for their flavor, yet we often forget their medicinal _________.
- Humans could live in underground shelters and eat __________ meat.
- The man’s identity remains __________.
- Doctors __________ him to make a full recovery.