- issue /ISH-oo/
- originate /uh-RIJ-uh-neyt /
- moderate /MOD-er-it/
- disturbance /dih-STUR-buhns/
- implication /im-pli-KEY-shuhn/
[verb] – to produce or provide something official
Permits will be issued in the mornings on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
[verb] – to come from a particular place, time, situation, etc.
Although the technology originated in the United Kingdom, it was developed in the United States.
[adjective] – being within a middle range in size, amount, or degree; neither great nor little
The rent has increased over time, but only modestly.
[noun] – A disturbance is also something that affects usual wind conditions
In the Philippine Sea, the disturbance developed into a typhoon and proceeded west.
[noun] – an occasion when you seem to suggest something without saying it directly
The implication of what she said was that they were leaving the country.
Early heatwaves this year have struck roughly 15 states, according to the Center for Science and Environment, including the northern state of Himachal Pradesh, which is known for its moderate temperatures. The temperature in Delhi, the capital, is projected to reach 44 degrees Celsius. The present heatwave, according to Naresh Kumar, a senior scientist at IMD, is due to local atmospheric variables. Weak western disturbances – storms that originated in the Mediterranean region – were the main cause of minimal pre-monsoon rainfall across northwestern and central India. Anticyclones, which are areas of high atmospheric pressure where the air descends, brought hot, dry weather to parts of western India in March. The results can be seen. Farmers say the unexpected temperature rises have harmed their wheat harvest, which might have worldwide implications given supply bottlenecks caused by the Ukraine conflict.
- What was the highest temperature you have experienced this year in your city? Could you please tell me about it?
- What kind of activities do you do on a hot day? Could you please tell me about it?
- If you could do something about the rising temperature, how would you like to address the issue?
- Does a temperature change affect your feelings?
- What do you think will happen to the world’s temperature over the next few decades?