©Starbucks via CNN
- unveil /uhn-VEYL/
- nostalgic /no-STAL-jik/
- reminscent /rem-uh-NIS-uhn/
- portion /PAWR-shuhn/
- caffeine /ka-FEEN/
[verb] – to show or introduce something new or make it known publicly for the first time
Google recently unveiled new products.
[adjective] – feeling happy and also slightly sad when you think about things that happened in the past
Watching this movie makes me nostalgic.
[adjective] – making you remember a particular person, event, or thing
This song is reminiscent of the holidays I spent in Italy.
[noun] – a part or share of something larger
He decided to donate a portion of his store’s profits to the charity.
[noun] – a chemical, found for example in tea and coffee, that is a stimulant (= something that makes people more active)
Too much caffeine is bad for you.
Starbucks attributes a significant portion of its sales to cold beverages. The coffee giant saw a 74% increase in iced coffees and Frappuccinos during the previous summer season. With this, the chain has expanded its cold brew offerings with seasonal flavors, such as a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew in the fall and an Irish Cream Cold Brew during the holidays. The new Chocolate Cream Cold Brew is available year-round across US stores. The price of a grande ranges from $4.45 to $4.75. Based on a report by Guggenheim Partners, many young customers see Starbucks’ cold coffee drinks as alternatives to other caffeine sources like soda and energy drinks.
- What drink reminds you of summer? Please tell me something about it.
- How popular is Starbucks in your country? Who are its main customers?
- If you could create a summer drink for Starbucks, what would it be like? (Tell me its name and ingredients.)
- Do you think Starbucks should release its new drink in all Asian countries?
- In your opinion, what makes Starbucks successful?