- Do you like recycling?
- Do you still use a 10-year-old gadget?
- valuable /VAL-yoo-uh-buhl/
- metal /MET-l/
- weigh /wey/
- demand /dih-MAND/
- habit /HAB-it/
[adjective] – valuable information, advice, etc. is very helpful or important
He was able to provide valuable information to the police.
[noun] – a chemical element, such as iron or gold, or a mixture of such elements, such as steel, that is generally hard and strong, and through which electricity and heat can travel
Precious metals include silver, gold, and platinum.
[verb] – to have a heaviness of a stated amount, or to measure the heaviness of an object
How much do you weigh?
[noun] – a need for something to be sold or supplied
There was little demand for rice.
[noun] – something that you do often and regularly, sometimes without knowing that you are doing it
I used to swim twice a week, but I’ve recently fallen out of the habit.
True or False:
- Scientists say that boosting e-waste recycling is vital.
- In 2021 alone, the global pile of abandoned devices weighed 57 million tonnes.
- RSC stands for Royal Society of Cuba.
- The price of lithium increased by nearly 100% due to rising demand.
- Prof. Tom Welton is the president of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
Fill in the blanks:
- Getting up early is a very good __________.
- Spinach is a __________ source of iron.
- A full-grown elephant may __________ 2,000 pounds.
- The gate is made of __________.
- The __________ for fish this month exceeds the supply.