- Does your town do enough recycling? Please elaborate on your answer.
- Do you think recycling is here to stay? Why?
- household /HOUS-hohld/
- collector /kuh-LEK-ter/
- convert /kuhn-VURT/
- circumstance /SUR-kuhm-stans/
- transfer /trans-FUR/
[noun] – a group of people, often a family, who live together
By the 1960s, almost every household had a television.
[noun] – someone who collects certain things as a job or as a hobby
The debt collector continued to message her about the rent.
[verb] – to (cause something or someone to) change in form or character
I must convert sorrow into strength.
[noun] – a fact or event that makes a situation the way it is
We won’t be able to solve the problem until we have all of the circumstances.
[verb] – to move someone or something from one place, vehicle, person, or group to another
We were transferred from one car to another.
For the past decade, food trash has been collected separately from households across Wales in an effort to recycle it. According to the Welsh government, food waste is converted to methane gas in landfills in hot and compacted circumstances, which is 30 to 80 times more harmful to climate change than carbon dioxide emissions. Food waste is transferred to one of five anaerobic digestion plants in Wales, where it is converted into 7 MW of energy. The Welsh government says that this is enough to power around 12,000 homes.
- What is the only UK country to keep its recycling rate constant throughout the pandemic?
- Who is Julie James?
- What did Julie James say about Wales?
- According to the article, which is 30 to 80 times more harmful to climate change than carbon dioxide emissions?
- Based on the article, what is converted into 7 MW of power?
- What things do you recycle in your country? Could you please tell me more about them?
- What things at home can be used for a long time? Please elaborate on your answer.
- Would you also implement recycling the way Wales does it in your country? Why?
- Do you agree that recycling helps save energy?
- What do you think of converting trash to energy? Please elaborate on your answer.