- Have you already collaborated with someone for a particular purpose? Why?
- What are the benefits of collaboration? Please elaborate on your answer.
- committee /kuh-MIT-ee/
- involvement /in-VOLV-muhnt/
- approval /uh-PROO-vuhl/
- solar /SOH-ler/
- production /pruh-DUHK-shuhn/
[noun] – a small group of people chosen to represent a larger organization and either make decisions or collect information for it
A committee to explore recycling has just been formed by the local council.
[noun] – the act or process of taking part in something
One involvement I could do without is serving on the committee.
[noun] – official permission
The government has finally given its approval to the project.
[adjective] – of or from the sun, or using the energy from the sun to produce electric power
A solar-powered car would have been impossible just a few years ago.
[noun] – the amount of something that is made or grown by a country or a company
The government has stated that the amount of chemicals used in food production will be reduced.
Greenpeace’s appeal against the UK government’s approval of a North Sea oil development was dismissed in October. In 2018, BP received approval to drill at the Vorlich location off the coast of Aberdeen. According to the plan, the Aberdeen Hydrogen Hub will include a solar power facility as well as a green hydrogen production and refueling facility. Green hydrogen is made from renewable energy sources rather than greenhouse gas-emitting technologies. According to Aberdeen City Council leader Jenny Laing, the news was significant because it supported the city’s Net Zero Vision and prepared the way for Aberdeen to become a world leader in the production of hydrogen-based green fuel and energy. Heavy industries and heavy transportation, such as trucks, buses, and rail, are the most likely applications for hydrogen, at least at first.
- Who has been announced as Aberdeen’s business partner?
- How many jobs might be created in the next ten years if the city becomes a major hydrogen hub?
- Based on the article, what kind of fleet exists in Granite City?
- What will Aberdeen Hydrogen Hub include?
- Who is Jenny Laing?
- What companies in your country have collaborated for a good cause? Could you tell me something about them?
- Do you have double-decker buses in your country? Could you tell me more about them?
- If you owned BP, would you also collaborate on Aberdeen’s hydrogen ambitions? Why?
- Do you support Aberdeen’s hydrogen ambitions?
- What do you think of the partnership mentioned in the article? Please elaborate on your answer.