- Do you work from home at the moment? Could you tell me about your office setup?
- How do you have fun at work?
- extracurricular /ek-struh-kuh-RIK-yuh-ler/
- era /EER-uh/
- effectively /ih-FEK-tiv-lee/
- virtual /VUR-choo-uhl/
- priority /prahy-AWR-i-tee/
[adjective] – extracurricular activity or subject is not part of the usual school or college course
Each child had participated in extracurricular activities at school.
[noun] – a period of time in which particular events or stages of development are typical
We live in an era of instant communication.
[adjective] – in a way that is successful and achieves what you want
The company must reduce costs to compete effectively.
[adjective] – done using computer technology over the internet, and not involving people physically going somewhere
All participants should test the equipment before a virtual meeting to ensure they are comfortable with the major features.
[noun] – something that is very important and must be dealt with before other things
Education is a top priority.
Thanks to a major shake-up in company culture, the mandatory fun of the pre-pandemic era has been effectively eliminated for more than two years. Due to the pandemic, birthday cupcakes, team happy hours, and forced “fun” events were no longer required. Many people have, of course, taken part in a virtual team-building activity or a Zoom happy hour. Workers, on the other hand, have been exempted from the obligatory monthly birthday parties, after-hours beverages, and outings. Even as some companies summon employees back to work, the concept of “fun” at work has changed. Furthermore, many people want to get home with their families as quickly as possible after work due to a pandemic-driven realignment of priorities.
While the mandatory office party may be on its way out, a new kind of office entertainment is more important than ever. People like to attend events, which encourage team bonding and provide a reason for people who work remotely to reconnect with their coworkers. Employees attend events because they want to, not because they are forced to.
- What is described as to be enjoyable?
- What has been effectively eliminated for more than two years?
- What concept has changed in the workplace?
- Why do many people want to get home with their families as quickly as possible after work?
- What encourages team bonding and provides a reason for people who work remotely to reconnect with their coworkers?
- What is a great extracurricular activity you do? Could you tell me more about it?
- What activities do you miss doing but you cannot do because of the pandemic?
- If you were to suggest something to make working fun today, what would it be? Why?
- Do you support the idea of requiring employees to attend a Zoom happy hour?
- What activity is a key to reconnect with colleagues? Please elaborate on your answer.