- Do you like online meetings?
- Do you love working from home?
- online /ON-LAHYN/
- meeting /MEE-ting/
- new /NYOO/
- between /bih-TWEEN/
- better /BET-er/
[adjective] – connected by computer to one or more other computers or networks, as through a commercial electronic information service or the internet.
I’ll send you the link to our online forum.
[noun] – a planned occasion when people come together, either in person or online (using the internet), to discuss something
We’ve got a meeting at two and it’s almost one-thirty now.
[adjective] – recently created or having started to exist recently
They planted new trees on the campus.
[preposition ] – in or into the space that separates two places, people, or objects
He stood between his mother and his father.
[adjective] – of a higher standard, or more suitable, pleasing, or effective than other things or people
He can play the piano better than I can.
The new rights of pandemic workers were set in stone. Many employees don’t plan to travel for work again after trying to find a better balance between work and life. More people than ever do their homework. In March 2020, 1.18 percent of paid remote jobs in the UK on LinkedIn got 1.28 percent of all applications. By March 2022, more than a fifth of people had applied for 13.31 percent of paid LinkedIn jobs in the UK (22.9 percent). West Europe and the US have the same kinds of problems. Recently, more people needed jobs they could do from home. In 2022, half of the applications on LinkedIn were for jobs that could be done from home.
Since the pandemic, it’s become popular to break a leg at home because it pays off quickly. What do you think? Do you like to work at the office or at home?
True or False:
- Many employees hate working from home.
- The job application data is provided by LinkedIn.
- Many people want to work at home according to the data given.
- More than half of the applications were for work-from-home jobs, according to 2022 data.
- A majority of people agree that they work from home in their boxers.
Fill in the blanks:
- Let’s continue our conversation _______ so that even though we are far away, we can communicate.
- Check out my _______ laptop. It is more updated than the old one.
- The bookstore is _______ the park and the school.
- Margaret is a _______ basketball player than Kobe because her skills are superior to his.
- I have a _______ out of town with the group because we will talk about ways of improving society.