- What do you know about outer space?
- Do you want to use a telescope to see outer space? Why or why not?
- communication /kuh-myoo-ni-KEY-shuhn/
- spacecraft /speys-kraft/
- ground /GROUND/
- separately /SEP-uh-reyt-lee/
- facility /fuh-SIL-i-tee/
[noun] – the imparting or exchanging of information by speaking, writing, or using some other medium.
My communication capabilities are limited.
[noun] – a vehicle designed for travel or operation in space beyond the earth’s atmosphere or in orbit around the earth.
The moon was first visited by the soviet spacecraft Luna 2 in 1959.
[noun] – the surface of the earth
I sat on the ground.
[adverb] – not together
She and her husband went separately to the place.
[noun] – a place, especially including buildings, where a particular activity happens
The training facility is scheduled to open later.
The CubeSat is about the size of a microwave oven. And its mission is to map out an unusual orbit around the moon known as a near-rectilinear halo orbit (NRHO), which may one day be used for a lunar space station. This facility, which NASA refers to as the “Gateway,” has the potential to create a vast number of opportunities for the exploration of space for humanity. Its task is to be a resupply depot and a way station for longer crewed jobs to Mars and beyond. Also, it could be used to land rovers or humans on the moon.
- What is the company that confirmed the bringing back of the communications of the spacecraft to the ground?
- What program aims to send people back to the moon in 2025?
- What is the size of the CubeSat?
- How many hours was communication cut from the spacecraft to the ground?
- What facility does NASA term “Gateway”?
- Have you ever studied at school about outer space? If so, what did you learn? If not, what would you do to gain knowledge about it?
- Have you ever viewed outer space using a telescope? If so, please describe what you saw. If not, what can you do to have an opportunity to see that region?
- If you are an astronaut inside the NASA CAPSTONE CubeSat, how would you react if you lost contact with the ground?
- Do you agree that people should invest time and resources in exploring outer space?
- What can you do to educate people about outer space?