- Do you like food?
- Do you like awards?
- amazing /uh-MEY-zing/
- building /BIL-ding/
- pool /POOL/
- chef /SHEF/
- whole /hohl/
[adjective] – very good
This is amazing.
[noun] – a structure with walls and a roof, such as a house or factory
The building is tall.
[noun] – a swimming place
Let us swim in the pool.
[noun] – a skilled and trained cook who works in a hotel or restaurant, especially the most important cook
The chef cooks food.
[adjective] – complete or not divided
I ran the whole day.
A Michelin Star is given to food places with great meals. They look at the quality of the ingredients, how well the flavors go together, how well the chef knows how to cook, how the chef works, and, just as importantly, how good the food is over time and across the whole menu. Last June 21, the Michelin Guide Dubai 2022 came out. It lists 69 restaurants. Eleven food locations got Michelin stars, and 44 more were “selected by Michelin.”
This is great news for the big town of Dubai. It is well-known not only for its beautiful places but also for its delicious food spots. People need to visit the Middle Eastern location soon.
True or False:
- Dubai has the smallest buildings.
- A Michelin Star is given to restaurants that serve good food.
- The Michelin Guide Dubai 2022 came out on June 21.
- There are 100 restaurants in the Michelin Guide Dubai 2022.
- Abu Dhabi has the deepest pool.
Fill in the blanks:
- She is swimming in the _______. She will stay healthy because of it.
- I have a _______ pizza to give you. Let us cut it in half.
- I am in the _______. It is very high.
- You are _______. You are very good.
- When I grow up, I want to be a _______. I want to cook for people.