- Have you ever stopped using social media?
- How do you handle spam or bot accounts?
- announce /uh-NOUNS/
- businessman /BIZ-nis-man/
- cancel /KAN-suhl/
- website /WEB-sahyt/
- audience /AW-dee-uhns/
[verb] – to make something known or tell people about something officially
We are delighted to announce our daughter’s engagement.
[noun] – a man who works in business, especially one who has a high position in a company
A local businessman donated money to a charity.
[verb] – to decide that something arranged in advance will not happen, or to state that you do not wish to receive something
I’m sorry, but I would like to cancel our reservation.
[noun] – a set of pages of information on the internet about a particular subject, published by a single person or organization
I was looking for information about Julius Ceasar on this historical website.
[verb] – the group of people together in one place to watch or listen to a play, film, someone speaking, etc.
The audience was amazed by her performance.
True or False
- Musk announced that he had backed out of the agreement to buy Twitter.
- The deal to buy Twitter was $54 billion.
- Twitter claims that less than 6 percent of its users are spam and bot accounts.
- Musk originally suggested plans to buy Twitter in April.
- Musk wanted to improve Twitter by “defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans.”
Fill in the blanks
- A large _______ attended the concert.
- He will _______ his resignation tomorrow.
- Visit our _______ for more details on how to claim your tickets.
- Our apologies, but you are no longer able to _______ your order.
- My brother is studying to be a _______.