- How long do you use social media every day?
- Do you follow famous people on social media? Why or why not?
- back out /BAK out/
- documentation /dok-yuh-men-TEY-shuhn/
- decline /dih-KLAHYN/
- content /KON-tent/
- distribute /dih-STRIB-yoot/
[phrasal verb] – to decide not to do something that you had said you would do
Everything is set up. It’s too late to back out now.
[noun] – pieces of paper containing official information
Passengers must have the necessary documentation.
[noun] – when something becomes less in amount, importance, quality, or strength
There has been a sharp decline in health services.
[noun] – the subject or ideas contained in something written, said, created, or represented
He mostly posts educational content online.
[verb] – to give something out to several people, or to spread or supply something
Please distribute the exam papers to each student in the class.
Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla, first hinted at plans to buy Twitter in April. However, the deal was abandoned a month later due to worries over the growing number of false accounts on the site. When the original contract was signed, Musk said he wanted to make the website better by “defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans.” Twitter has long battled against “bots,” or automated accounts, that post false or malicious content. Additionally, Musk has argued for increased system freedom, which enables some tweets to be pushed and distributed to wider audiences on the website.
- According to the article, why did Musk back out of the offer to buy Twitter?
- What is the share price of Twitter as of Monday, July 11?
- How much is the break-up fee required in the original merger agreement?
- When did Musk hint at plans to buy Twitter?
- What was Musk’s goal when the original contract was signed?
- Have you received any spam messages before? What do you do with the accounts that have sent them?
- What new features on social networking sites would you like to see?
- If you were part of Twitter’s board, would you force Musk to push through the agreement? Why or why not?
- Did Musk make the right decision to back out of the agreement?
- How can we improve the security of our social media accounts?