- What do you do for a living?
- Do you think wind farms are an efficient source of energy? Why or why not?
- proposal /pruh-POH-zuhl/
- generate /JEN-uh-reyt/
- eager /EE-ger/
- economy /ih-KON-uh-mee/
- management /MAN-ij-muhnt /
[noun] – a suggestion, sometimes a written one
His proposal is not acceptable.
[verb] – to cause something to exist
Her latest film has generated a lot of support.
[adjective] – having or showing desire or interest
The call for volunteers attracted a large number of eager participants.
[noun] – the system of trade and industry by which the wealth of a country is made and used
The economy will benefit greatly from the reduction in interest rates.
[noun] – the control and organization of something
The business has suffered as a result of poor management for many years.
“It’s a big opportunity to create a new sector in Wales and the UK,” said the Crown Estate’s Nicola Clay. Most of the offshore wind farms in the UK were permanently anchored to the seabed until recently. In contrast to conventional offshore wind farms, floating wind farms can be built in deeper waters where the wind is frequently stronger, such as off the coast of Pembrokeshire. The wind turbines are floated atop substantial steel structures and connected to the ocean floor. An industry group called the Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult predicts that the Crown Estate tenders, which will be made public in the summer of 2023, may boost the UK economy by up to £43.6 billion by 2050. About 10,000 of the anticipated 29,000 new workers would be employed in Wales to help with project management and construction.
- What might be the result of building floating wind farms off the coast of South Wales?
- Why is it rented to the region?
- Where can floating wind farms be built?
- Who predicts that the Crown Estate tenders may boost the UK economy by up to £43.6 billion by 2050?
- How many would be employed in Wales to help with project management and construction?
- What renewable sources of energy do you have in your country?
- Does your country have wind farms? Where are they located?
- Would you choose to build offshore wind farms? Why or why not?
- Do you agree that these wind farms could contribute to the betterment of the economy?
- What do you think of floating wind farms?