- Do you support renewable sources of power?
- Do you have wind farms in your country?
- coast /kohst/
- employment /em-PLOI-muhnt/
- produce /pruh-DOOS/
- contract /KON-trakt/
- opportunity /op-er-TOO-ni-tee/
[noun] – the land next to or close to the ocean
The accident happened one kilometer off the coast.
[em-PLOI-muhnt] – work that you are paid to do for a particular company or organization
She was unable to find employment.
[verb] – to make something or bring something into existence
She works for a company that produces wine.
[noun] – a legal document that states and explains a formal agreement between two different people or groups, or the agreement itself
Please don’t sign the contract.
[noun] – an occasion or situation that makes it possible to do something that you want to do or have to do, or the possibility of doing something
He goes shopping at every opportunity.
True or False:
- The Crown Estate plans to build floating wind farms off the coast of South Wales.
- The new industry might result in the creation of 40,000 new employment in Wales.
- Corporations want to secure contracts from them from the Crown Estate.
- Most of the UK’s offshore wind farms were firmly anchored to the ocean floor.
- The ocean floor is connected to the floating wind turbines.
Fill in the blanks:
- I was never given the __________ of going to college.
- We walked along the __________ for five miles.
- She is looking for permanent __________.
- Art books are expensive to __________.
- My lawyer is writing a __________.