- casing /KEY-sing/
- diagonally /dahy-AG-uh-nl-lee/
- metrics /ME-triks/
- aluminum /uh-LOO-muh-nuhm/
- detect /dih-TEKT/
[noun] – a covering that protects something
A metal casing enclosed the cable.
[adverb] – in a straight and sloping way that is not horizontal or vertical, for example joining two opposite corners of a square or other flat shape with four sides
It’s quickest if you cut diagonally across the park.
[noun] – a set of numbers that give information about a particular process or activity
Do you have any metrics on the rate of usage for the service?
[noun] – a chemical element that is a light, silver-colored metal, used especially for making cooking equipment and aircraft parts
Cover the fish with aluminum foil.
[verb] – to notice something that is partly hidden or not clear, or to discover something, especially using a special method
Some sounds cannot be detected by the human ear.
As with the Apple Watch 8, the extreme sports model will measure body temperature to detect fevers. The aforementioned new gadget is to be announced later this year along with the Apple Watch Series 8 and an updated Apple Watch SE. The Apple Watch Series 8 will have a 1.9-inch diagonal screen, while the Apple Watch SE will have a 1.78-inch screen. An extreme sports Apple Watch could cost more than the $699 stainless steel model. Gurman says that all of the new Apple Watches will use the S8 processor. Apple usually releases new watches and iPhones in September. Last year, Gurman said that Apple was thinking about making a tough Apple Watch to compete with Garmin and others.
- Do you have a watch? If so, what do you like about it? If not, what will you look at when buying a watch?
- What are some memorable things that happened to you when using your gadgets?
- What will your inventions be if you own a tech company?
- Do you think tech companies should continue creating new gadgets?
- How will you tell people about the benefits of having an Extreme Apple Watch?