©QIAN JIN/BAIDU via BBC News
- Do you own a car?
- Does your country have self-driving cars?
- latest /LEY-tist/
- vehicle /VEE-i-kuhl/
- annual /AN-yoo-uhl/
- vending machine /ven-ding muh-SHEEN/
- group /groop/
[adjective] – newest or most recent or modern
He translated his latest book into Japanese.
[noun] – a machine, usually with wheels and an engine, used for transporting people or goods, especially on land
Excuse me, but are you the driver of this vehicle?
[adjective] – happening once every year
School trips have become an annual event in our school.
[noun] – a machine from which you can buy small things such as cigarettes, drinks, and sweets by putting coins into it
I got these snacks from the vending machine.
[noun] – a number of people or things that are put together or considered as a unit
Please form a group of six people.
True or False
- Baidu’s latest self-driving car is named Apollo Flow.
- The Apollo RT6 has the same driving abilities as a driver with 20 years of experience/
- Each RT6 will cost 250,000 yuan.
- Self-driving vehicles in China can be driven without a safety driver.
- Baidu plans to put 100,000 self-driving cars on the roads by the end of the decade.
Fill in the blanks
- Cars, buses, and trucks are examples of _______.
- Her _______ novel was sold out in less than a month.
- We’re a _______ of ten people.
- Birthdays are an _______ event.
- Do you know where to find a _______? I need to buy something to drink.