- Do you like chocolate?
- Do you know what cocoa is?
- flavor /FLEY-ver/
- region /REE-juhn/
- develop /dih-VEL-uhp/
- method /METH-uhd/
- fermentation /fur-men-TEY-shuhn/
[noun] – how food or drink tastes, or a particular taste itself
The flavor of this wine is fruity.
[REE-juhn] – an area of a country, especially one that has a particular characteristic or is known for something
The warm region is crowded with birds.
[verb] – to invent something or bring something into existence
Researchers are working together to develop the vaccine.
[noun] – a particular way of doing something
The new method encourages children to think for themselves.
[noun] – a process of chemical change in food or drink because of the action of yeast or bacteria, which may cause it to produce bubbles or heat
Alcohol, known as ethanol, is created by the fermentation of sugars.
True or False:
- A huge proportion of the chocolate we eat is created from a blend of cacao from several farms.
- The flavor of the chocolate is unique since only one type of bean from one farm is used.
- Prof. Irene Chetschik is the head of the Research Group for Food Chemistry at Zurich University of Applied Sciences.
- Scientists are developing new technical methods that can modify the flavor of cocoa.
- Dr. David Goupaulchan stressed the significance of fermentation in the flavor and excellence of chocolate.
Fill in the blanks:
- The US is sending additional help to the __________.
- To handle the problem, a new policy or plan must be __________
- We have tried this _________ out many times.
- What __________ of ice cream do you like?
- Milk becomes cheese by __________.