- sports utility vehicle (SUV) /SPAWRTSyoo-TIL-i-tee VEE-i-kuhl/
- chairman /CHAIR-muhn/
- vice /VAHYS/
- pursuit /per-SOOT/
- staggered /STAG-erd/
[noun] – a large powerful car with an engine that supplies power to all four wheels
The company recently officially launched its first all-electric sports utility vehicle.
[noun] – a person in charge of a meeting or organization
In his closing remarks, the chairman thanked everyone who had helped.
[prefix] – used as part of the title of particular positions. The person who holds one of these positions is next below in authority to the person who holds the full position and can act for them:
She is vice-chair of the local Conservative party.
[noun] – the act of following or searching for someone or something, in order to catch or attack the person or thing
The two children ran through the field in pursuit of their puppy.
[adjective] – arranged so that things happen at different times or so that things are not positioned in a regular way
Her schedule is staggered. She should organize it soon.
On the inside, there is a lot of confidence. Scott Bell, Global Vice President of Chevrolet, says that the Blazer will make a big statement and show how GM can get into high-volume markets. Not much was known about the Blazer EV and its many models. But enough was said for customers to have a pretty good idea of what to expect by this time next year. There will be five versions of the Blazer EV when it comes out: the 1LT, the 2LT, the RS, the SS, and the Police Pursuit, which is a first for the company. The release will be staggered, with the LT and RS models coming out next summer and the SS and Police Pursuit versions coming out in the first quarter of 2024.
- Have you driven a sports utility vehicle already? If so, how was the experience? If not, what can you do to drive one?
- Do you own an electric vehicle? If so, how do you maintain it? If not, what can you do to get one?
- How will you promote sports utility vehicles if you own a car company?
- Do you think electric cars are better than gas-fueled cars?
- How can you explain to people the advantages of electric cars?