- How do you memorize something?
- Why do people love smart gadgets?
- feature /FEE-cher/
- manufacturer /man-yuh-FAK-cher-er/
- extensive /ik-STEN-siv/
- vision /VIZH-uhn/
- treat /treet/
[noun] – a typical quality or an important part of something
What are the features of smart TV?
[noun] – a company that produces goods in large numbers
The company is a major manufacturer of motor cars.
[adjective] – covering a large area; having a great range
The fire caused extensive damage.
[noun] – the ability to see
She experienced blurred vision when she had a headache.
[verb] – to use drugs, exercises, etc. to cure a person of a disease or heal an injury
Melvin is being treated for a rare skin condition.
That is just one of many features that smart contact lens manufacturers claim will be available in the future. Steve Sinclair of Mojo is working on smart contact lenses. His company is about to start extensive testing on humans of smart contact lenses that will provide the wearer with a heads-up display that appears to float in front of their eyes. The scleral lens (a larger lens that extends to the whites of the eyes) in the product not only corrects the user’s vision but also includes a tiny microLED display, smart sensors, and solid-state batteries. He claimed that they had created a fully functional, wearable prototype. That will be put to the test internally very soon.
Smart lenses are being developed to collect health data. They can also provide extended-release drug delivery options, which can aid in diagnosis and treatment plans. It’s exciting to see how far technology has progressed and the potential it has to improve patients’ lives. Researchers are working to develop lenses that can diagnose and treat medical conditions ranging from eye conditions to diabetes and even cancer by tracking biomarkers such as light levels, cancer-related molecules, and the amount of glucose in tears.
- What is one of the many features that smart contact lenses will have in the future?
- What will the smart contact lenses provide?
- What will the smart contact lenses do to the user’s vision?
- What do the smart contact lenses include?
- What does a smart contact lens include? How can smart contact lenses help patients’ lives?
- Have you tried wearing contact lenses? If so, how was it? If not, would you like to try it? Why?
- What new technology do you admire? Why?
- What would it be if you were to add a special feature to the contact lenses? Why?
- Do you support this kind of technology?
- What do you think of the new contact lens invention? Please elaborate on your answer.