- Do you like smartphones?
- Do you like technology?
- document /DOK-yuh-muhnt/
- department /dih-PAHRT-muhnt/
- information /in-fer-MEY-shuhn/
- serious /SEER-ee-uhs/
- north /NAWRTH/
[noun] – a paper or set of papers with written or printed information, especially of an official type
The document is on the table.
[noun] – a part of an organization such as a school, business, or government that deals with a particular area of study or work
The department will have a meeting today.
[noun] – facts about a situation, person, event, etc
The information made us prepare for the upcoming event.
[adjective.] – severe in effect; bad
The situation in my place is getting more serious.
[noun] – the direction that goes towards the part of the earth above the equator, opposite to the south, or the part of an area or country that is in this direction
We have to head north to get to his place.
True or False:
- The report that a journal created is from 2020, according to the passage.
- Customs and Border protection does not have access to millions of people’s location information.
- The American Civil Liberties Union looked at 6000 records when looking at location information.
- The Department of Homeland Security tracks people’s smartphones.
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement will never have access to the location information of people.
Fill in the blanks:
- His laziness is getting _______. He should solve his problem now.
- The _______ has decided to start a work plan. The group is dedicated to success.
- The _______ is important. Our house information is written on it.
- I want to go to the _______. I like that place because it is cold.
- Thank you for the _______. It will guide me with my future plans.