- Do you like robots?
- Can robots be better than humans?
- easily /EEZ-lee/
- become /bih-KUHM/
- normal /nawr-muhl/
- popular /POP-yuh-ler/
- report /ri-POHRT/
[adverb] – with no difficulty or effort
He finished the job easily.
[verb] – to start to be
She will become a doctor.
[adjective] – ordinary or usual; the same as would be expected
Wearing a face mask is normal now.
[adjective] – liked, enjoyed, or supported by many people
The actress in my country is popular.
[noun] – a description of an event or situation
The written report made me informed.
At the moment, two of the most popular ways to learn are through copying and reinforcement. First, you have to control the robot and teach it how to do work. Second, you have to train a system on millions of pictures. Several people who study robots are looking into a method that trains a robot by making it watch a person do a job. A team at Carnegie Mellon University showed the Wild Human Imitating Robot Learning, or WHIRL, an algorithm that teaches a robot by making it watch videos. In a news report, Shikhar Bahl, a student at a robotics school, said that copying is a good type of learning.
So, it’s easy to say that these new inventions will be very helpful in the times ahead.
True or False:
- Two of the most popular ways for a robot to learn are through reading and recopying.
- A requirement for learning robotics is having lots of knowledge.
- The Wild Human Imitating Robot Learning, or WHIRL, is an algorithm that makes a robot learn by making it watch videos.
- Robots learn by copying someone.
- Sikhar Baal is a news reporter who said that robots are good.
Fill in the blanks:
- He played basketball _______. He can score without difficulty.
- It is _______ for people to eat three times a day. Everyone does it.
- She created a _______ about the upcoming weather. When the people read it, they prepared for the weather just in time.
- Anyone can _______ a singer. Just put in the hard work.
- She is so _______. A lot of people know her.