- Have you ever seen a robot in real life? Could you tell me about it?
- Would you like to have a robot? Why or why not?
- chase /cheys/
- relieved /ri-LEEVT/
- slow down /SLOH-doun/
- express /ik-SPRES/
- launch /lawnch/
[verb] – to hurry after someone or something in order to catch him, her, or it
I’ve been trying to chase the mouse down all day!
[adjective] – happy that something unpleasant has not happened or has ended
I felt relieved to hear the news.
[phrasal verb] – to move slower, or to cause someone or something to move slower
Slow down your car.
[verb] – to show a feeling, opinion, or fact
I can express myself in good English.
[noun] – an event to celebrate or introduce something new
She was not able to attend the launch of her latest novel.
Cristiane Bonifacio was chasing after a tiny orange flag that was waved close to a line of low garden walls. She was relieved to notice that the white, six-wheeled robot with the flag on top was slowing down and coming to a stop. A large chocolate bar had just been taken by her from the moving robot outside her home. She was in a rush and had to go back inside for a work conference call, but she still had time to express her admiration for the robot delivery service that sent these machines scampering along the pavements of her neighborhood. Amber Case, a resident of Oregon, is an expert on how technology influences daily life and how people and robots interact. Since its launch in Milton Keynes four years ago, Starship Technologies’ robot delivery service has been steadily expanding, with new towns being added just last month.
When you see one, you don’t experience the science-fiction reaction of “Oh no! It’s a robot! ” More than anything, it is a cute little street character. It makes your walk more colorful.
- According to the article, what is a common sight in many cities?
- What had just been taken by Cristiane Bonifacio from the moving robot outside her home?
- Who is Amber Case?
- When was the launch of the delivery robot service?
- According to the paragraph, what is the usual reaction when you see a robot in a sci-fi film?
- Are you subscribed to food delivery services? Why or why not?
- What are some films that you have watched about robots? Could you tell me about them?
- How would you feel if a robot delivered an item you purchased online?
- Will a robot brighten up your walk?
- Some restaurants have started using robot delivery services. What do you think about it?