© PR Times via Live Japan
- Do you like desserts?
- When was the last time you had a dessert? What was it?
- bucket /BUKH-it/
- wrap /rap/
- clearly /KLEER-lee/
- cost /kost/
- serving /SUR-ving/
[noun] – a container with an open top and a handle, or the amount such a container will hold
The baby cow drank the bucket of milk.
[noun] – material that is used to cover or protect objects
Cover each cupcake with plastic wrap.
[adverb] – in a way that is easy to see, hear, read, or understand
You can clearly understand the meaning of this song.
[noun] – the amount of money needed to buy, do, or make something
You usually get the computer software at no extra cost.
[noun] – an amount of one type of food that is given to one person
The food is enough for four servings.
Created by All Hearts Co., Ltd., the cat cheesecakes are the perfect size if you want a small dessert instead of a whole bucket of ice cream. Even if it’s your first time hearing about them, they’ll most likely catch your attention when visiting a Family Mart. You see a cute cat on the packaging, asking you to give it a piece of the yummy cheesecake. The best part of the wrap is its name: “にゃんともおいしいチーズケーキ” (nyan tomo oishii cheesecake). It’s a smart play on the phrase “nan tomo oishii” which means “extremely delicious” and the Japanese word for “meow”, which is “nyan”. It clearly shows what’s inside!
They became available on May 17, 2022, with a shockingly low cost of just 220 yen per serving. It’s time to grab your 100 yen coins and go to the nearest FamilyMart for a purrfect snack!
True or False:
- Neko Neko Cheesecake is created by All Cats Company Co., Ltd.
- The cat cheesecakes are perfect if you want a small dessert.
- The best part of the cheesecake’s packaging is the name.
- One cheesecake costs 220 yen.
- The cheesecakes are available at FamilyMart.
Fill in the blanks
- The supermarket increased the _______ of fresh fish.
- This place is awesome. You can _______ see the beach from here!
- Eat two to three _______ of low-fat foods.
- You must really love sweets! You ate that _______ of ice cream all by yourself!
- Next, cover the bowl with a plastic _______.