- Do you binge-watch?
- Who is your favorite movie character?
- season /SEE-zuhn/
- enjoyable /en-JOI-uh-buhl/
- continue /kuhn-TIN-yoo/
- imagination /ih-maj-uh-NEY-shuhn/
- character /KAR-ik-ter /
[noun] – one of several series of television programs with the same title and the same characters
The third season of my favorite series will be shown tonight.
[adjective] – An enjoyable event or experience gives you pleasure
I always try to make my lessons enjoyable.
[verb] – to keep happening, existing, or doing something, or to cause something or someone to do this
Do you want to continue your studies?
[noun] – the ability to form pictures in the mind
He has an active imagination.
[noun] – a person represented in a movie, play, or story
The movie has three main characters.
According to clinical psychologist Dr. Renee Carr, Psy.D., it’s because of the brain chemicals that are released when we are having fun, such as when we binge-watch television. The body receives an enjoyable internal reward from this chemical, which encourages it to continue performing that action. Your brain produces dopamine while you binge-watch your preferred show, giving your body a high similar to that of a drug.
All experiences, whether they happen in the real world, on television, in a book, or in our imagination, are stored as real memories in our brains. We become interested in the plots, develop relationships with the characters, and are invested in how things turn out.
True or False:
- Dr. Renee Carr is a clinical psychologist.
- Binge-watching is enjoyable.
- Our brain produces dopamine while you binge-watch your preferred show
- Only movies are stored as real memories in our brains.
- We become interested in the plots and develop relationships with the characters.
Fill in the blanks:
- We’ll ______ with our work.
- ______ is sometimes clearer than reality.
- “Harry and Me” has three ______.
- Cycling is an ______ pastime for people of all ages.
- Augustus is my favorite ______ in the book.