- How popular is tennis in your country? Why do you think that is?
- What sports are you into? How often do you play sports?
- career /kuh-REER/
- retire /ri-TAHYUHR/
- focus /FOH-kuhs/
- express /ik-SPRES/
- fascinating /FAS-uh-ney-ting/
[noun] – An occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person’s life and with opportunities for progress.
He seemed destined for a career as an engineer like his father.
[verb] – To withdraw from one’s career, occupation, or office, usually because of age
He is going to retire next winter.
[verb] – to give your full attention to what you are doing or to what is happening
Kids have to focus on their studies.
[verb] – to communicate what you think or feel, by speaking or writing, or in some other way
I can express myself in good English.
[adjective] – extremely interesting
He told some fascinating tales about his life in India.
Williams, who will turn 41 in a month, must prioritize being a mother, pursuing her spiritual aspirations, and finding a new, fascinating Serena. She posted on her social media that for the upcoming few weeks, she will enjoy her career. Williams is among the sport’s greatest and most successful athletes ever. She prefers to conceive of this era of her life as transitioning away from tennis and toward other important things to her instead of using the word “retirement. Williams stated that she and Ohanian wanted a second child but that she didn’t want to become pregnant again while competing in sports. At all times, she had to be two feet within or outside the court. She expressed her regret that it isn’t easy for her. She is troubled because she didn’t want it to end, but also because she is prepared for what comes next.
- Why did Serena Williams decide to retire from tennis?
- What are her plans after retirement?
- How old is Serena Williams?
- How many Grand Slam championships does Serena Williams have?
- Why is she troubled?
- Do you follow tennis? If so, do you think there will be another player as great as Serena Williams? If not, what kinds of sports do you follow? Could you tell me about it?
- Who are your country’s most accomplished female athletes? Could you tell me about them?
- If you were a famous athlete, who would you like to be? Why?
- Do you believe there will come a time in life when we have to decide to move in a different direction?
- What do you think of Serena Williams’ decision to step away from tennis?