- What do you think of electric vehicles?
- What is the largest city in your country?
- contribution /kon-truh-BYOO-shuhn/
- pressure /PRESH-er/
- objective /uhb-JEK-tiv/
- significant /sig-NIF-i-kuhnt/
- strategy /STRAT-i-jee /
[noun] – something that you contribute or do to help produce or achieve something together with other people, or to help make something successful
I can make a great contribution to society.
[verb] – to strongly persuade someone to do something they do not want to do
She was pressured to enter the contest.
[noun] – something that you plan to do or achieve
We need to establish a clear objective.
[adjective] – important or noticeable
The talks between the administration and the people were very significant for the country.
[noun] – a detailed plan for achieving success in situations such as war, politics, business, industry, or sports, or the skill of planning for such situations
Give me a broad idea of your new strategy.
The statement is the most recent move California has made in its ongoing effort to enact stricter pollution regulations than the US federal government. California, which has a population of over 39 million, is the most populous US state. CARB’s strategy was lauded by Joseph Mendelson, senior counsel at Tesla, as workable and a step toward California assuming the lead in electrifying the light duty sector. The Alliance for Automotive Innovation, however, noted that more effort needed to be made to raise the demand for electric vehicles.
- What will California prohibit in 2035?
- What is the most populous state in the US?
- What is the population of California?
- What does CARB stand for?
- According to the Alliance for Automotive Innovation, what is needed to raise the demand for electric vehicles?
- Are you considering buying an electric car? Why or why not?
- Could you tell me about electric cars in your country?
- If you had the authority, would you transition petrol cars to EVs as soon as possible? Why or why not?
- Do you believe that the demand for electric vehicles will be higher?
- What do you think of California’s step toward combating climate change?