- installation /in-stuh-LEY-shuhn/
- collaboration /kuh-lab-uh-REY-shuhn/
- innovation /in-uh-VEY-shuhn/
- reliant /ri-LAHY-uhnt/
- maximize /MAK-suh-mahyz/
[noun] – the act of putting furniture, a machine, or a piece of equipment into position and making it ready to use
Is the installation free?
[noun] – the situation of two or more people working together to create or achieve the same thing
The two writers worked in close collaboration on the script.
[noun] – (the use of) a new idea or method
We need to encourage innovation in industry.
[adjective] – needing a particular thing or person in order to continue, to work correctly, or to succeed
The service has become heavily reliant on government support.
[verb] – to make something as great in amount, size, or importance as possible
The objective is to maximize revenue and security.
People who reside in rural areas can access high-speed internet through Starlink, which is operated by SpaceX. It is reliant on thousands of its satellites that are positioned in low-Earth orbit. This maximizes the speed of connections between the satellites and the Earth. After Russian forces invaded, shut down Ukrainian Internet access, and attempted to censor social media earlier this year, Mr. Musk made Starlink available there. Ukrainian soldiers have also communicated on the battlefield using the network. The pandemic, which destroyed the worldwide tourism economy, has severely impacted the cruise industry. However, when COVID-19 limitations were relaxed this year, businesses like Royal Caribbean, which manages the second-largest fleet of cruise ships in the world, witnessed an improvement in earnings.
- Have you experienced cruise travel? If so, could you tell me about it? If not, would you like to experience it? Why or why not?
- What is the internet situation in your country? Could you tell me about it?
- If you had the chance to avail of the Starlink service, would you? Why or why not?
- Do you believe that the pandemic destroyed the worldwide tourism economy?
- What do you think of Royal Caribbean’s plan to tie up with SpaceX for faster internet?