- swiftly /SWIFT-lee/
- assert /uh-SURT/
- simulation /sim-yuh-LEY-shuhn/
- ongoing /ON-goh-ing/
- comparable /KOM-per-uh-buhl/
[adverb] – quickly or immediately
The police must be able to react swiftly in an emergency.
[verb] – to say that something is certainly true
He asserts that he loves her.
[noun] – a model of a set of problems or events that can be used to teach someone how to do something, or the process of making such a model
It has excellent graphics and flight simulation. You can even leave the plane and walk around it if you wish.
[adjective] – continuing to exist or develop, or happening at the present moment
There is an ongoing debate on the issue.
[adjective] – similar in size, amount, or quality to something else
The planet Pluto is comparable in size to the moon.
The report’s conclusions are based on a simulation of how prices for fossil and renewable fuels are projected to vary in the future using historical price data. According to data for fossil fuels that spans more than 100 years from 2020, the price hasn’t changed significantly after accounting for inflation and market volatility. Less data is available because renewables have only been around for a few decades. But as a result of ongoing technological developments, the price of solar and wind energy has been falling quickly, by around 10% annually. The report’s prediction that the cost of renewable energy would continue to decline is based on “probabilistic” modeling, which makes use of information on how significant investment and economies of scale have reduced the cost of other comparable technologies.
- What kinds of renewable energy do you know about? Could you tell me about it?
- How does inflation affect your life now?
- Would you buy solar panels? Why or why not?
- Do you agree that the cost of renewable energy will continue to decline?
- In your view, why has the price of solar and wind energy been falling quickly? Please elaborate on your answer.
- climate change