- What is renewable energy? Could you explain it in your own words?
- What do you think of solar energy?
- pessimistic /pes-uh-MIS-tik/
- concern /kuhn-SURN/
- inflation /n-FLEY-shuhn/
- accessible /ak-SES-uh-buhl/
- investment /in-VEST-muhnt/
[adjective] – thinking that bad things are more likely to happen or emphasizing the bad part of a situation
I am deeply pessimistic about the future.
[noun] – a worried or nervous feeling about something, or something that makes you feel worried
He felt some concern for her safety.
[noun] – a general, continuous increase in prices
Inflation has caused lots of problems.
[adjective] – able to be reached or easily obtained
Such information is not really accessible.
[noun] – the act of putting money, effort, time, etc. into something to make a profit or get an advantage, or the money, effort, time, etc. used to do this
Any investment involves an element of risk.
The report’s results are based on a calculation of future fuel prices using historical price data for fossil and renewable fuels. After adjusting for inflation and market volatility, prices for fossil fuels over a period of more than 100 years from 2020 haven’t changed appreciably. Due to the short history of renewable energy, there is less accessible data. But as technology advances, the cost of solar and wind energy has been rapidly declining, by about 10% a year. Based on “probabilistic” modeling, which uses data on how considerable investment and economies of scale have decreased the cost of other comparable technologies, the report predicts that the cost of renewable energy will continue to decline.
- According to an Oxford University study, what is the effect of switching from fossil fuels to renewable energy by 2050?
- What do researchers contend?
- Why has the price of fossil fuels not changed over a period of more than 100 years?
- Why has the cost of solar and wind energy been rapidly declining, by about 10% a year?
- What does the study predict?
- What kinds of renewable energy do you know about? Could you tell me about it?
- How does inflation affect your life now?
- Would you buy solar panels? Why or why not?
- Do you agree that the cost of renewable energy will continue to decline?
- In your view, why has the price of solar and wind energy been falling quickly? Please elaborate on your answer.