- What month gets the most rain in your country?
- What do you do when the weather is too hot?
- temperature /TEM-per-uh-cher/
- worst /wurst/
- continent /KON-tn-uhnt/
- warn /wawrn/
- dry /drahy/
[noun] – the measured amount of heat in a place or in the body
The town reached its highest February temperature yesterday.
[adjective] – of the lowest quality, or the most unpleasant, difficult, or severe:
The weather forecast says that this will be the worst storm this year.
[noun] – one of the seven large land masses on the earth’s surface, surrounded, or mainly surrounded, by sea and usually consisting of various countries
Asia is the largest continent in the world.
[verb] – to make someone realize a possible danger or problem, especially one in the future
Some of these animals are very deadly, so I must warn you.
[adjective] – used to describe weather or periods of time when no rain falls
The chances of forest fires have increased due to the dry weather.
True or False
- Parts of China, Europe, Africa, and Asia have experienced high temperatures this summer.
- The drought this year has been the worst Europe has seen in 500 years.
- The Yangtze is China’s largest river.
- The Chinese government also issued 10,000 warnings of heavy rain.
- Some US states have experienced forest fires due to the dry, hot weather this summer.
Fill in the blanks
- It should be a sunny, _______ day tomorrow.
- The _______ dropped by five degrees.
- I already _______ you not to eat the fish, but you still did!
- Hoshino traveled the entire African _______.
- That was the _______ food I’ve ever had. I’m never going back to that restaurant again.