- Do you like social media?
- What social media accounts do you have?
- reach /reech/
- account /uh-KOUNT/
- experience /ik-SPEER-ee-uhns/
- regularly /REG-yuh-ler-lee/
- avoid /uh-VOID/
[verb] – to arrive at a place, especially after spending a long time or a lot of effort traveling
The railway line will soon reach our town.
[noun] – an arrangement to use a social media website or internet service by a particular person who gives their name and some personal details
I decided to delete all of my social media accounts.
[verb] – if you experience something, it happens to you, or you feel it
We experienced a lot of difficulty in taking the test.
[adverb] – often
Take the medicine regularly, three times a day.
[verb] – to stay away from someone or something
Are you trying to avoid me?
Gayle Macdonald didn’t simply pause and take it all in when she reached the summit of the Sierra Nevada mountain range in Spain earlier this year. The 45-year-old chose to do what most people would do instead: she searched for the ideal location to take a selfie for her social media accounts. Gayle even admits that she stumbled by approaching the edge dangerously while doing so. After she was scolded by her husband for her actions at that time, she made the decision to stop using social media. She announced her deactivation from Facebook and Instagram in a message she wrote a week later. She has regained part of the sense of freedom and peace she experienced upon quitting drinking. It was quite liberating.
Some people use social media regularly. While some people would think they should avoid this terrible behavioral activity, others must fight an actual addiction.
True or False:
- Gayle Mcdonald is a British expat.
- When Gayle reached the summit of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, she took a selfie to post on her social media accounts.
- Gayle has made the decision to stop using social media.
- She has regained part of the sense of freedom and peace experienced upon quitting social media.
- Some people use social media regularly.
Fill in the blanks:
- We write _______ but seldom meet.
- ______ unhealthy foods such as hamburgers and chips.
- We won’t ______ Miami till five or six o’clock.
- She thought that her ______ had been hacked.
- It was one of the best things that I’d ever _______.