- Is it allowed to have a second job in your country?
- Could you tell me about your job?
- require /ri-KWAHYUHR/
- service /SUR-vis/
- reasonable /REE-zuh-nuh-buhl/
- employer /em-PLOI-er/
- produce /pruh-DOOS/
[verb] – to need something or make something necessary
He will require surgery on his left knee.
[noun] – the act of dealing with customers in a store, restaurant, or hotel by taking their orders, showing or selling them goods, etc.
The only problem with this restaurant is that the service is so slow.
[adjective] – acceptable
You must take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information that you provide is correct.
[noun] – a person or organization that employs people
His employer transferred him to another office.
[verb] – to make something or bring something into existence
A scientist must produce evidence in support of a theory.
Diya, a 32-year-old software developer from Bangalore, logs in remotely each day to work an eight-hour shift. She puts a lot of effort into her work, but to maintain her professionalism, she logs on to her second job, which is also in IT, at the end of the day. Skilled animator Diya is currently working on a project that pays nearly as much and requires less time than her regular job. Diya has a full-time job and also markets her services to other companies. She sees no reason why she shouldn’t also have a side business, as long as she does it honestly.
If both parties agree, it could be reasonable in some situations for a worker to take on a second job. The employer shouldn’t object to a worker having a side business if they are producing excellent work and there are no conflicts of interest or privacy concerns.
True or False:
- According to the article, some Korean computer specialists have two jobs because of remote work.
- Diya is a 32-year-old software developer from Bangalore.
- Diya is currently working on a project that pays nearly as much and requires less time than her regular job.
- Diya sees no reason why she should not also have a side business, as long as she does it honestly.
- The employer should not object to a worker having a side business if they are producing excellent work.
Fill in the blanks:
- His monthly salary is paid into the bank by his ______.
- If you ______ further information, you should consult the registrar.
- The rent is ______, and moreover, the location is perfect.
- Ben has left a generous tip to reward good ______.
- Car manufacturers should ______ vehicles that are more secure against theft.