- What is your favorite app?
- Is technology important for you?
- facility /fuh-SIL-i-tee/
- website /WEB-sahyt/
- communicate /kuh-MYOO-ni-keyt/
- speech /speech/
- improve /im-PROOV/
[noun] – a place, especially including buildings, where a particular activity happens
A new sports facility is being built in the city.
[noun] – a place on the Internet with one or more pages of information about a subject
To learn more, go to our website.
[verb] – to share information with others by speaking, writing, moving your body, or using other signals
Animals use different ways to communicate.
[noun] – the ability to talk, the activity of talking, or a piece of spoken language
Children develop speech at the age of two.
[verb] – to (cause something to) get better
They are working out to improve their health.
True or False
- Google has opened its first research and development facility in the US to help people with disabilities.
- Project Relate is a Google app.
- Many Google technical teams are in charge of “supercharging” accessible technologies.
- The teams are not working on projects related to artificial intelligence.
- Rachael Bleakley is a deaf person who uses subtitles when watching television.
Fill in the blanks
- Check out this _______ to see more details.
- A new medical _______ is scheduled to open this November.
- People with stroke may suffer from _______ disabilities.
- The internet is a useful tool to _______ with people.
- Saku’s English skills have _______.