- Do you think you use too much water?
- What do you use water for?
- engineer /en-juh-NEER/
- pipe /pahyp/
- develop /dih-VEL-uhp/
- issue /ISH-oo/
- common /KOM-uhn/
[noun] – a person whose job is to design or build machines, engines, or electrical equipment, or things such as roads, railways, or bridges, using scientific principles
My brother is studying to be an engineer.
[noun] – a tube inside which liquid or gas flows from one place to another
Could you check if there are any leaks in the pipe?
[verb] – to invent something or bring something into existence
The team is developing a new plan to solve the problem.
[noun] – a subject or problem that people are thinking and talking about
Britney cares deeply about environmental issues.
[adjective] – the same in a lot of places or for a lot of people
It’s common to see a lot of people on Christmas Day.
True or False
- Pipebots have eyes for cameras and all-terrain legs.
- Pipebots can tell if there will be issues with a pipe.
- Netta Cohen says that the pipebots’ biggest challenge is their size.
- Leaks are a common and challenging issue in the UK.
- 10% of customers in England and Wales are having difficulties paying their water bills.
Fill in the blanks
- Lack of water is a _______ problem in this area.
- We will do our best to _______ new marketing strategies.
- The two groups have different views on the _______.
- They have already sent an _______ to fix the phone.
- They saw water leaking from the _______.