I will read each question. Then, please answer them.
- Do you use social media sites?
- What information do you share online?
I will read the words, meanings, and sample sentences. Then, repeat after me.
- private /PRAHY-vit/
- passport /PAS-pawrt/
- salary /SAL-uh-ree/
- email /EE-meyl/
- headmaster /HED-MAS-ter/
[adjective] – only for one person or group and not for everyone
Private information should not be shared online.
[noun] – an official document containing personal information and usually a photograph that allows a person to travel to foreign countries and to prove who they are
May I see your passport, please?
[noun] – a fixed amount of money agreed every year as pay for an employee, usually paid directly into his or her bank account every month
We receive our salary once a month.
[verb] – to send an email to someone
Could you email the documents to me by today?
[noun] – a man who is in charge of a school
The headmaster extended our holiday by one more day.
Please read the whole article. Then, I will check your pronunciation and intonation.
Private documents from 14 schools are confirmed to have been leaked by hackers. These include staff contracts, salaries, scans of students’ passports, and information about children’s special education needs (SEN). Teaching documents with contracts and offers were in a folder named “contracts.” Meanwhile, information on the headmaster’s salary and recipients of student financial assistance is kept in a folder marked “confidential.” The records are all from 2021 and 2022. One of the school’s spokespersons said that it takes data security very seriously. The hacking group has done huge online attacks in the US and UK in recent months. It demands payment before leaking the hacked documents. The school’s attack is believed to have happened on September 28 last year. This is when the school emailed parents to let them know that its phone and IT systems were not working. In a second email sent on October 7, the headmaster wrote that the school’s computers were accessed by “an unauthorized third party.”
True or False
Read the sentences and identify if they are true or false based on the article.
- 14 schools are confirmed to have had their private documents leaked by hackers.
- The folder “contracts” contains teaching documents with contracts and offers.
- The records were all from 2022 only.
- The attack on the school is believed to have happened in January of this year.
- The school’s headmaster sent a second email to parents on October 7.
Fill in the blanks
Choose the correct word from the table then fill in the blanks.
- They offered me an increase in _______.
- This is a _______ property. We shouldn’t go in here.
- We have already _______ the customer?
- The teacher was reported to the _______.
- You can’t leave or enter a country without a _______.