- Do you use social media sites?
- What information do you share online?
- private /PRAHY-vit/
- passport /PAS-pawrt/
- salary /SAL-uh-ree/
- email /EE-meyl/
- headmaster /HED-MAS-ter/
[adjective] – only for one person or group and not for everyone
Private information should not be shared online.
[noun] – an official document containing personal information and usually a photograph that allows a person to travel to foreign countries and to prove who they are
May I see your passport, please?
[noun] – a fixed amount of money agreed every year as pay for an employee, usually paid directly into his or her bank account every month
We receive our salary once a month.
[verb] – to send an email to someone
Could you email the documents to me by today?
[noun] – a man who is in charge of a school
The headmaster extended our holiday by one more day.
True or False
- 14 schools are confirmed to have had their private documents leaked by hackers.
- The folder “contracts” contains teaching documents with contracts and offers.
- The records were all from 2022 only.
- The attack on the school is believed to have happened in January of this year.
- The school’s headmaster sent a second email to parents on October 7.
Fill in the blanks
- They offered me an increase in _______.
- This is a _______ property. We shouldn’t go in here.
- We have already _______ the customer?
- The teacher was reported to the _______.
- You can’t leave or enter a country without a _______.