The owner and head chef of an Indian restaurant in Kerala have been arrested after a customer was food poisoned. The nurse was rushed to the hospital on December 30 after eating some grilled chicken and a rice dish that she had ordered online from the restaurant. She passed away from the illness on January 2. According to the police investigation, the death was due to food poisoning, and the food had “poor” quality. The police added that 21 more people fell ill after eating at the restaurant. Food poisoning reports were also noted last week in other parts of the region. Some children and parents in the Pathanamthitta area felt sick after eating food at a school event. The food safety authority has searched more than 500 restaurants since then. 48 restaurants have shut down after it was discovered that they did not have necessary permits or were in an unclean environment. Authorities say that more inspections are expected to happen.