I will read each question. Then, please answer them.
- Do you want to have your own business?
- What skill do you want to improve?
I will read the words, meanings, and sample sentences. Then, repeat after me.
- advice /ad-VAHYS/
- manage /MAN-ij/
- lockdown /LOK-doun/
- challenging /CHAL-in-jing/
- during /DOOR-ing/
[noun] – an opinion that someone offers you about what you should do or how you should act in a particular situation
I’m looking for financial advice.
[verb] – to control or organize someone or something, especially a business
Has she ever had any experience managing large projects?
[noun] – an emergency situation in which people are not allowed to freely enter, leave, or move around in a building or area because of danger
We can’t visit the city. It’s in lockdown.
[adjective] – difficult, in a way that tests your ability or determination
Sayu discovered a challenging position as a computer programmer.
[preposition] – from the beginning to the end of a particular period
The shop will be closed during the repairs.
Please read the whole article. Then, I will check your pronunciation and intonation.
Several free seminars have been offered by the South Yorkshire Council to small business owners. Doncaster Council explained that it would provide professional advice to increase productivity, manage finances, and improve workforce skills. “It is fantastic that our local businesses are being given the opportunity to benefit from these sessions, all delivered by business advisers that have years of experience across a range of sectors,” said Mr. Jones, Cabinet Member for Housing and Business. Doncaster small business owners can take advantage of five free sessions. The free sessions are being provided in response to the present cost-of-living issue, the weak economy, and prior COVID-19 lockdowns. They start at the end of January and go through February. Many people found it challenging to launch or manage businesses as a result of these difficulties. According to the Local Democracy Reporting Service, business professionals will attend the sessions and provide assistance either during or after them.
True or False
Read the sentences and identify if they are true or false based on the article.
- The South Yorkshire Council offered several free seminars to big business owners.
- The seminars would provide professional advice to manage finances.
- Five free sessions are available for business owners.
- The seminars will run from January through February.
- Business experts will not attend the seminars.
Fill in the blanks
Choose the correct word from the table then fill in the blanks.
- The island is back in _______. We won’t be able to go there for some time.
- The task was _______, but I have learned a lot.
- I need professional _______ on the matter.
- We stayed in the hotel _______ the party.
- You should learn how to _______ your budget.