- masterclass /MAS-ter-klas/
- upskill /UHP-skil/
- consultation /kon-suhl-TEY-shuhn/
- cost of living /kost ov LIV-ing/
- expire /ik-SPAHYUHR/
[noun] – a class taught by someone who has an expert knowledge or skill in a particular area
She was at the village to teach aspiring young players in a masterclass.
[verb] – to learn new skills or to teach workers new skills
If the employees are going to take over the project, we need to upskill them.
[noun] – a meeting to discuss something or to get advice
The fee for a 30-minute consultation is $60.
[noun] – the amount of money that a person needs to live
Low-wage employees frequently struggle to pay for the high cost of living in the city.
[verb] – if something that lasts for a fixed length of time expires, it comes to an end or stops being in use
The contract will expire by the end of this year.
The five free sessions, which start at the end of January and run through February, are being offered in response to the present cost-of-living crisis, the weak economy, and prior COVID-19 lockdowns, which have made it difficult for many people to start or run enterprises. According to the Local Democracy Reporting Service, business experts would attend the meetings and provide assistance during or after them. Business organizations anticipate that government assistance with their energy costs will be cut in half after March, when the current package of support expires. The support will be at a “lower level,” Chancellor Jeremy Hunt told business groups on January 4, to shield the state finances from fluctuating energy prices.
- Have you taken any masterclasses? If so, please tell me more about it. If not, what masterclass would you like to take, and why?
- What existing skill would you like to improve?
- If you were a small business owner, would you take the masterclasses? Why or why not?
- Should business owners be required to take masterclasses?
- What are the advantages of taking masterclasses?