- What are some sustainable energy options for powering a home or small business?
- Why do you think it is important to have clean energy?
- deeply /DEEP-lee /
- resident /REZ-i-duhnt/
- community /kuh-MYOO-ni-tee/
- convert /kuhn-VURT/
- commitment /kuh-MIT-muhnt/
[adverb] – extremely or strongly
I was deeply moved by the speech he gave at the graduation ceremony.
[noun] – living or staying in a place
The resident of the house was not home at the time of the break-in.
[noun] – the people living in one particular area or people who are considered as a unit because of their common interests, social group, or nationality
The community came together to raise funds for the new playground equipment.
[verb] – to (cause something or someone to) change in form or character
He decided to convert to Buddhism after reading about its principles and finding them in alignment with his own beliefs.
[noun] – a promise or firm decision to do something
She demonstrated her commitment to the project by putting in extra hours to meet the deadline.
In 2010, Mutriku became the first town in the world to have a wave energy power station connected to the grid. The station’s 300-kilowatt capacity, enough to power around 300 households, utilizes a system of submerged hydraulic pistons that convert wave motion into electricity. This wave energy power station serves as a symbol of Mutriku’s transformation from a traditional fishing village to a town at the forefront of sustainable energy. It also provides clean electricity to the community.
In addition to the wave energy power station, the town of Mutriku has implemented several eco-friendly programs, such as using electric vehicles for municipal transportation and installing solar panels on public structures. These initiatives demonstrate the town’s commitment to preserving the environment while still maintaining a connection to its maritime heritage. The sea will always hold a special place in the hearts of the Mutriku people, but it now also holds the key to their future in terms of energy.
- What is the name of the Basque town that is located on the northern coast of Spain?
- How has the sea been used by the town’s residents in the past?
- What is the capacity of the wave energy power station in Mutriku?
- When did Mutriku become the first town in the world to have a wave energy power station connected to the grid?
- What other eco-friendly programs has the town of Mutriku implemented?
- What other sustainable energy initiatives has your country implemented? Could you tell me about it?
- Do you know a town or city that has successfully transitioned to clean energy? Could you tell me about it?
- If your community had implemented sustainable energy solutions, how do you think it would have affected the local economy?
- Do you agree that the sea also holds the key to our energy future?
- In your opinion, what role do the people of Mutriku see the sea playing in their future, both economically and environmentally?