- Do you have a heat pump at home?
- Are heat pumps environmentally friendly?
- consider /kuhn-SID-er/
- approach /uh-PROHCH/
- advisory /ad-VAHY-zuh-ree/
- success /suhk-SES/
- solution /suh-LOO-shuhn/
[verb] – to give attention to a particular subject or fact when judging something else
Please consider the options before making a decision.
[noun] – a way of considering or doing something
The teacher suggested a new approach to solving the problem.
[noun] – an official announcement that contains advice, information, or a warning
The government issued a severe weather advisory for the region.
[noun] – the achieving of the results wanted or hoped for
Hard work is the key to success.
[noun] – the answer to a problem
We need to find a solution to this problem.
The project focuses on overcoming the obstacles faced by individual homeowners by designing a heat pump system that can be delivered at scale. By creating a system that can be used across different communities, the project provides a model for other urban areas around the world to follow. The UK government’s climate advisory body states that by 2050, 52% of UK buildings should be heated using heat pumps. In the US, heat pumps are considered the “single most impactful lever” for reducing emissions, according to a study in San Francisco.
The success of the Stithians’ project could be a blueprint for other communities to follow in their quest to decarbonize heating. Communal heat pump networks could provide warmth to individual homes while reducing greenhouse gas emissions, making them a crucial solution to the climate crisis.
True or False:
- Communal heat pumps are being considered to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and decarbonize heat in urban and rural areas.
- The project in Stithians focuses on overcoming the obstacles faced by individual homeowners when using heat pumps.
- The success of the Stithians project could be a blueprint for other communities to reduce emissions and decarbonize heating.
- The remote village of Stithians in southwest England is piloting a new approach to low-carbon heating using heat pumps.
Fill in the blanks:
- The company provided an innovative ______ to the issue.
- Her ______ in the competition was the result of months of practice.
- We must ______ the consequences of our actions.
- His ______ to the task was very organized.
- She sought the advice of a financial ______ before making any investment decisions.