I will read each question. Then, please answer them.
- What videos do you watch on YouTube?
- Do you watch YouTube videos every day?
I will read the words, meanings, and sample sentences. Then, repeat after me.
- CEO /C-E-O/
- blog /blawg/
- recently /REE-suhnt-lee/
- user /YOO-zer/
- former /FAWR-mer/
[noun] – chief executive officer: the person with the most important position in a company
Yamanaka will rejoin the company as president and CEO.
[noun] – a regular record of your thoughts, opinions, or experiences that you put on the internet for other people to read
She publishes recipes, advice, and restaurant reviews on a food blog.
[adverb] – not long ago, or at a time that started not long ago
Have you read any good books recently?
[noun] – someone who uses a product, machine, or service
All computer users are connected to a single network.
[adjective] – of or in an earlier time; before the present time or in the past
A generous amount of money has been given to the college by a former student.
Please read the whole article. Then, I will check your pronunciation and intonation.
YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki is leaving the position after nine years. YouTube’s chief product officer, Neal Mohan, will become the new CEO. In a blog announcement, Wojcicki explains that she wants to focus on her family, health, and passion projects. However, she will take on the role of advisor for Google’s parent company, Alphabet. Wojcicki joined Google about 25 years ago and was placed 16th among the original 20 employees. YouTube had recently exceeded one billion users when she began using the internet video platform in 2014. There are already 2.5 billion viewers on it, and a large number of YouTube creators, sometimes known as YouTubers, have built successful businesses around their own channels. Wojcicki is the most well-known CEO to have just resigned from a position after holding it for a long time. She resigned after Twitter’s former CEO, Parag Agrawal, did the same thing last year as part of a reorganization effort led by the company’s new owner, Elon Musk.
True or False
Read the sentences and identify if they are true or false based on the article.
- Susan Wojcicki is leaving her position as CEO after nine years.
- Neal Mohan will become the new CEO of YouTube.
- Wojcicki joined Google about 16 years ago.
- There are currently 2.5 billion viewers on YouTube.
- Wojcicki is the most well-known CEO to have recently left a post after a long time in it.
Fill in the blanks
Choose the correct word from the table then fill in the blanks.
- She was hired just _______.
- My father was a _______ police officer.
- Sarah owns a photography _______.
- Internet _______ are advised to be in using emails.
- He is the _______ of a local shoe factory.